Saturday, December 11, 2010

Fixing smugbatch for new smugmug API

I'm using smugmug to share my photos and have used the smugbatch command line tool to upload photos directly to albums at smugmug. Recently smugmug made some changes to the API so that the command line tool did not work anymore. Now it needs the _su cookie to be send back with each request. I enhanced the tool, submitted the fixes back and now they are awaiting for the review by Greg KH at github.

I also packaged smugbatch with the changes in the openSUSE Build Service and submitted the fix to the Contrib repository so that others can use the package as well.

P.S. The primary reason for writing this is to evaluate the Blogilo blog editor. I wanted to know how it works - and will now test it some more and then write about that as well.


No comments: