Saturday, March 29, 2008

First week of our new life...

Our daughter Jonna is now 8 days old - and since Wednesday both of my girls are at home and I'm slowly getting used to nights with changing diapers instead of sleeping. On Wednesday it was snowing when I awoke and I had to dig out the car since it was covered with more than 5cm of snow - an interesting parallel to her birthday when it was also snowing but the snow did not stay. Now it's getting warmer, so perhaps we can soon show Jonna the Stadtpark in sunshine!






She fascinates me every day - the way she sleeps, cries or makes a grimace. She also seems to enjoy cuddling with her parents. She's eating well and gaining weight daily.
For those of you with kids, that's hardly something extraordinary - but for me everything is exciting ;-). I'm glad to have some more days of vacation to see her grow - and to find a rhythm in domestic live.




She's sleeping now in the same cradle that I slept in already, just the curtain has been sewed especially for Jonna by Jana.

I've been encouraged by all the kind words and congretulations we have received. Thanks a lot!

3 comments:

Scott said...

Those are great pictures. Mary and I wish we could see the enlarged Familie Jaeger.

We're thrilled for you! And with most of our kids at the age when they're starting to leave, the only advice I can give is, enjoy it all, even the hard parts. Every stage passes so fast...

Seth said...

Congratulations Andreas and Jana!

Jonna is adorable :) wonderful photos, thanks so much for sharing them.

AlbertoP said...

Congratulations! :-)