Monday, February 04, 2008

openSUSE Community Manager Starts

After three months of interviewing and one week of setting up everything for the new openSUSE community manager, I'm looking forward to actually work together with Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier. Read more about him at his openSUSE blog: http://zonker.opensuse.org and this blog entry.

I was impressed by the many enthusiastic people that applied for the job and the comments they made about the project and how they wanted to get involved. For all of us interviewing, it was tough to choose between these interesting candidates - it looked like comparing apples and oranges. I'd like to thank all that interviewed and were interviewed!

The last days I've had quite a lot discussions with Zonker and I'm enthusiastic about working with him. I also look forward to drinking a beer or two with him soon in Nürnberg.

No comments: