Thursday, October 25, 2007

Survey Time

It just struck me that this months seems to be survey time - I have participated in the following that are relevant to me. The surveys are still open and I encourage everybody's participation.

We recently started for our openSUSE distribution a survey on our installation and systemsmanagement framework YaST and have already over 7000 participants which I consider rather impressive. The results will help us in development and focus of YaST.

Jan Frederik is a masters student at the University of Oslo and currently visiting the SUSE Linux offices in Nuernberg. He researches about firm-sponsored open source
communities and kindly asks openSUSE contributors to fill in a short survey to help him with his thesis.

The Linux Foundation has started their 2007 Desktop/Client Survey. It will assist the Linux Foundation to focus on the relevant areas.

No comments: