If you like to test, please read below the details - otherwise wait for the online update that we will release soon. Until the online update has been installed, I advise to run as root "yast2 online_update" for patch installation.
I will not announce the official update here since the team will release it while I'm on vacation (and therefore off-line).
For testing the update stack do the following steps as root:
- start yast2 installation source via the yast2 control center or directly as "yast2 inst_source". Add as additional software catalog:
(or use one of the mirrors once they are updated)
and then leave the module via "Finish". It will take some minutes to download data and setup the catalog.
IMPORTANT: If you tested my old sources already, you need to download the metadata again (this is not needed afterwards anymore, it's one of the fixes in this new update). Skip this step and go to the next one.
- start yast2 online update via the yast2 control center or directly as "yast2 online_update".
The patch summary should show a couple of patches and select only the "libzypp update" (with a black mark). Press "Accept" to apply the update. It will take some time to download packages and install them.
- You can now remove the software catalog you added in the first step. Use "yast2 inst_source" and delete the catalog.
- Restart zmd with "rczmd restart".
- Restart the zen-updater applet on your desktop (it will stop itself since zmd gets stopped during the update).
- Everything is set now. You can now install further patches with:
- the desktop applet zen-updater
- the command line tool rug (via rug patches;rug in -t patch
- yast2 online_update
zen-updater will inform you about new patches.
The only fix I'm waiting for is the following:
"Bug 180698 - zen-updater always shows patch dhcp (basically if a patch has been issued twice, it is always shown in zen-updater)"
IMPORTANT: Please report *all* bugs in bugzilla.novell.com and *always* CC "hmuelle at novell dot com" (Harald Müller-Ney) on the bugreport and mention that you're using AJ's updated package stack from 2006-06-02.
The update contains the following packages (basically the complete
The most important changes are:
- Do not create anymore /.gnupg (the directory can be removed) (#171055)
- Handle daemons launched in rpm %post that do not close filedescriptors (#174548)
- Really get all package descriptions (#159109)
- Support large files, e.g. DVDs as installation source (#173753)
- Handle update source setup after installation (#172665)
- Do not add duplicate update sources (#168740)
- Fix yast2 instserver module so that it works with 10.1 (#171157)
- Do not exit in online_update when only packages (and no patches) are selected for installation or deletion (#175668)
- Improve syncronising sources between yast and zmd (#168740, 175174,175159, 175173)
- Fix segmentation fault with non-signed repositories (#173291)
- Handle system proxy setting with zmd (#160830)
- Fix zen-updater bugs when installing packages (#171171, 174740)
- Update packages to follow ABI change in libzypp.
- Optimize and fix downloading of type zypp
- Fix refreshing repositories of type zypp (#154990)
- Add support for key handling to zmd, rug, zen-updater (#173920)
- Fix zen-updater to handle installation of patch and package together (#178015)
- Option to disable missing signature complaints is not persistent (#175845)
Thanks to all those that test this, report(ed) bugs and fixed them.