Friday, August 26, 2005

Codenames of 10.0 Betas

Following some idea of our Prague colleagues, the codenames for our 10.0 Betas are places where Novell developers work. We started with Beta1 called Prague, continued with Beta2 called Boston (it's actually Cambridge) and now Beta3 is called
Bangalore since Novell has a development center there which is involved with 10.0 development and testing! The grub boot screen shows some parts of each city, so after an installation of Beta3, you'll be greated by some place in Bangalore.

Rodrigo and Martin told me now that it's the Vidhana Soudha which is Karnataka's Legislative assembly. Thanks!

8 comments:

Shriramana said...

Thanks for this link Andreas! That's a very nice picture of the VS in Bangalore. I've been in that area a couple of times. :)

Shriramana said...

Nice to see you have the greenish SUSE colour scheme on your blog. Can you give me the colour codes so I can use them elsewhere?

Mike said...

Cambridge is an awesome college town. I live about 40 miles away and was there last week visiting a museum associated with Harvard University.

Andreas Jaeger said...

shiramanan, the greenish colour is one of the default themes. You should be able to use it with just looking at the stylesheet.

Joe Muka said...

Hi, Saw your site late night. Some of your ideas I may use for my site about voice over ip voip It's kind of a boring topic...I liked some of your info.

Joe Muka said...

Just checking out blogs for ideas to add to my site about cisco voip phone and other voip stuff. (I know its a boring subject) I liked your site

My VoIp Solutions said...

Hi Thanks for your interesting blog. I also have a blog/site, covering buster voip related stuff. Feel free to visit my buster voip site.

Joe Muka said...

Just checking out blogs for ideas to add to my site about skype voip and other voip stuff. (I know its a boring subject) I liked your site