Sunday, July 10, 2005

Gphoto rocks

I had my new Nikon D70 camera at work on thursday (Jana took pictures of Scott arriving, see the entry of the 7th of Scott's Blog ), and Marcus noticed it. Marcus is one of the gphoto developers and persuade me to borrow the camera to him for a few hours so that he could add further remote configuration for it.
The D70 seems to have lots of possibilities to configure remotely and do remote shots.
Friday evening he showed me the first results and I was impressed, I'm sure he'll get the camera again to finish it, the cvs commit message shows what he worked on.

This is one of the reasons why I love about Open Source. If something does not work and there's somebody that can fix it - if s/he has the right tools (my camera ;-), time and motivation.

No comments: